We are looking for a hands-on, detail focused individual to join our company as an Inventory Control clerk who will be part of the growing Material Management team. This will be a full-time position at our brand-new Port Coquitlam facility.
- Allocating/kitting items on work orders, as required, to meet customer sales
- Monitoring and maintaining accurate inventory levels and resolving discrepancies
- Performing physical counts of inventory and reconciling stock counts with computer-generated reports
- Receiving orders from our suppliers, ensuring they match out purchase order records, and performing data entry into our inventory system
- Depending on the candidate’s aptitude and experience other tasks might also include on occasion:
- Securely packaging and sending out system shipments to customer as well as all accessories that are shipped with our systems
- Assisting in our quality assurance (QA/QC) department
- Coordinating with our sales and manufacturing departments to ensure everything ships on time.
- Building system sub-assemblies
Requirements and skills
- Required: Valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
- Basic computer knowledge (Internet browser, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with shipping-receiving or inventory management would be an asset
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- An ability to work under pressure and juggle changing priorities
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
SALARY: $40,000 to $50,000
Current Scientific Corp. is a growing marine tech company headquartered in metro Vancouver, BC with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest R&D into new products and improved customer experience. Our customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Inventory Control Clerk” in the subject line, or use the forum below. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.