This role focuses primarily on developing video processing software for our multi-sensor camera systems, and includes helping with priority tasks within the Software/Firmware Team. The ideal candidate would be familiar with software video processing techniques and have experience designing a reasonably large project from the ground up. Work would include designing and testing full video processing pipelines (from sensor to display), implementing and refining computer vision algorithms (e.g., image enhancement, object detection, object tracking), and working on low-level Linux drivers to integrate with custom camera interfaces. Experience with machine learning and AI would be an asset but is not required.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- 4+ years experience programming with C/C++
- Experience designing large software projects
- Experience with video & image processing libraries such as GStreamer, FFmpeg, CUDA, OpenCV, and OpenGL
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux environments
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Experience programming for GPUs and dedicated video processors such as Nvidia Jetson
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Experience with video encoding & decoding
- Microcontroller programming (Microchip, TI, ST)
- Microcontroller peripheral interfacing: UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Useful Programming Languages: Python, Java
Current Scientific Corp. is a growing marine tech company headquartered in metro Vancouver, BC with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest R&D into new products and improved customer experience. Our customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Video Processing Developer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.