Control Systems Firmware Developer
Current Scientific Corp. is a growing marine tech company headquartered in metro Vancouver, BC with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest R&D into new products and improved customer experience. Our customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
This role focuses on the continued development of the motor control systems that move and stabilize our cameras in the roughest sea conditions. In this role, you will develop and adapt sophisticated control algorithms that combine high speed motor dynamics and inertial sensor data. You will also evaluate and implement new sensors, electronic components, and control algorithms for improved stabilization and motion control performance.
- BS/MS in Mechatronics or Computer Science or similar post-secondary program
- Solid understanding of control system theory
- Strong logic, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- 2+ years experience with C/C++
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux environments
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Microcontroller programming (Microchip, TI, ST)
- Microcontroller peripherals: UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Useful Programming Languages: Python
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Control Systems Developer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.