Video Processing Electronics Designer / Engineer
Current Scientific Corp. is a growing marine tech company headquartered in metro Vancouver, BC with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest R&D into new products and improved customer experience. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
We are looking for a skilled Electronics Engineer to join our team to develop the next generation of electrical and electronic subsystems within our night vision camera systems. This role will focus on investigation and design of our advanced video processing hardware. Primary job duties will include:
- Designing, testing, and troubleshooting electronic circuits for video capture, video processing, video encoding, power, and communication within a multi-sensor, stabilized camera system
- Working with Engineering and Production teams to evaluate and improve fit and assembly of boards and harnesses
- Creating and maintaining documentation for electrical harnesses, boards, and integration procedures
- Communicating between Engineering and Production teams to troubleshoot design issues on the fly and continuously improve our electronic/electrical subsystems
- Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechatronics Engineering, or a related field
- Design experience and high comfort level with OrCAD, Altium, or similar schematic capture/PCB design software
- Understanding of digital video signals and digital video processing
- Understanding of high-speed signaling for CPUs, RAM, PCIe, etc.
- Experience with digital video interfaces (MIPI, CameraLink, SDI, etc.)
- Experience designing/programming FPGAs for video processing and/or video interface translation
- Aptitude for creative problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Strong technical communication and reporting (spoken and written)
- Excellent observational skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL
- Experience with Python, C/C++, and object-oriented programming
- Experience with electro-optical systems such as cameras, lasers, and thermal imagers
- Understanding electromagnetic interference and its mitigation techniques
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Electronics Engineer” in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter any strengths and specific experience you possess in video processing electronics, and/or design experience related to the following potential development projects: next generation camera controllers and UIs; electromagnetic conformance; electronic tools for quality assurance testing; advanced hardware sensor interfacing. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.