Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Port Coquitlam, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
We are looking for a detail focused individual with excellent written communication to join our company as a Junior Technical Writer, who will assist the company as a whole in writing documents for each department. This will be a full-time position at our new Port Coquitlam facility. This role will primarily involve but not be limited to:
Writing and editing:
- Technical documents including assembly manuals and internal/external product manuals.
- Grant applications for government financial support programs.
- Internal company operations and procedural documentation such as user guides, and operating procedures.
- Sales and marketing material for external audiences, including press releases, website content, and technical product descriptions.
Information gathering and dissemination:
- Meet with designers, programmers, and project managers to learn about specific products or processes and formalize that knowledge into updated or new technical documents, diagrams, charts and other visual aids to be used both internally and externally
Other activities, depending on technical hands-on skills and/or interest, could also include
- Assembling systems to fully understand product.
- Using CAD Software (Solidworks, Rhino) to generate exploded views for assembly manuals.
- Collaboration with marketing team members to improve customer engagement.
Salary:$50,000 to $55,000
- Required: Valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status.
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Conscientious of different target audiences, able to adjust writing style (internal/public, technical/non-technical)
- Eye for layout and design would be an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Nice to have: Diploma or Degree in Communication, Design, Engineering, Technology or Science fields, or relevant experience in these fields
- Nice to have: Proficient with CAD software (Solidworks, Inventor, Rhino)
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Technical Writer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.