We are looking for a hands-on detail focused individual to join our company in-person as a Junior Mechatronic Technician or Technologist who will be part of the growing manufacturing team. This role will primarily be responsible for the assembly of our latest systems, quality assurance, documentation, and product tracking. There will also be scope to provide valuable feedback that will be used to improve our products and production processes.
Salary: $45,000 to $60,000
Start date: Immediately
Hours: Permanent full-time (no co-op or intern positions)
Location: In-person at our brand-new facility in Port Coquitlam, BC
- Required: Valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
- Required: A Canadian principal residence address
- Required: Grade 12 Diploma
- Desirable but not required: partial/full Diploma or Degree in mechatronic, mechanical, electrical, or electronics disciplines (or an equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Desirable: Manufacturing or production experience preferred (experience with electronics assembly is an asset)
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to perform precise hands-on work
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An ability to work under pressure and juggle changing priorities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized video systems for use in the Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, coast guards, navies, ferries, super-yachts, icebreakers, and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Mechatronic Technician” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.