We are looking for a skilled, multi-disciplinary individual to join our Technical Serviceteam as a Technical Service Technician. This role is highly collaborative with our Sales, Engineering, and Production teams, and primarily involves working with customers to resolve technical issues and provide tailored product solutions. This role is based at Current’s headquarters in Port Coquitlam and involves travel for field work, and product servicing. Technical Service Team members are product experts who aim to provide long-term customer satisfaction.
- Coordinating product support and repairs:
- Performing remote support sessions – typically troubleshooting remotely via email or remote desktop
- Traveling as necessary to conduct field service for customers around the globe
- Coordinating logistics and details for remote servicing, including timeline, technical components, documentation, and customer communication
- Improving service and repair procedures and workflow
- Tracking and following up on service, support, and repair cases
- Maintaining records of non-conformances; identifying trends in issues to feed back into product improvements.
- Maintaining and improving technical training content
- Running training programs for customers & international service partners
- Including maintenance, field servicing, troubleshooting, and upgrading
- Conducting Acceptance tests with customers
- Performing remote demonstrations and product acceptance tests
- Advising on improvements to system maintenance plan
- Technical communication between QA, Production, and Engineering
- Tracking deficiencies and non-conformities and overseeing their successful resolution
- Traveling would compose an estimated 10% to 30% of overall work time
- Requires multi-disciplinary background in both technical and customer service roles; a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
- Strong interpersonal communication and positive demeanor
- Technical familiarity across various fields (software, networking, electronics, mechanical, etc.); hands-on experience with mechanical and/or electronic equipment such as computers
- Ability to bring creativity and positivity to on-the-fly problem-solving in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Passion for end-user satisfaction and working with real people to provide lasting technical solutions
- Strong technical communication and reporting (spoken and written); ability to distill and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Technical familiarity with command line interfaces, network interfaces, and programming languages
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- (preferred) Technical diploma or degree in Engineering, technology, or a related field
- Specific experience in a customer-service or client-focused role, in a technical capacity
- Experience with electro-optical (EO) systems such as cameras, lasers, and thermal imaging
- Experience with engineering and production processes (Lean, ISO, etc.) and engineering standards (MIL-STD, IEC, etc.)
- Additional spoken and/or written languages
Salary Range: $45,000 to $70,000
Current Scientific is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We design and manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in coast guard, super-yachts, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, icebreakers, marine mammal research, and other specialty vessels. We pride ourselves on a fun culture and fast-paced development environment, with a multi-disciplinary team that works closely together to collaborate on innovative products. We are committed to continuous innovation, investing R&D into new technology and improved customer experience.
CURRENT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Service Technician” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.