Electrical & Electronics Engineer
We are looking for a skilled Electrical Engineer to join our team to develop and improve the electrical and electronic subsystems within our electro-optical infrared systems. Primary job duties will include:
- Designing, testing, and troubleshooting electronic circuits for data communication, power distribution, video processing, and motor control within a multi-sensor, stabilized camera system
- Working with Engineering and Production teams to evaluate and improve fit and assembly of boards and harnesses
- Creating and maintaining drawings and other design documentation for electrical harnesses, boards, and integration procedures
- Communicating between Engineering and Production teams to troubleshoot design issues on the fly and continuously improve our electronic/electrical subsystems
Potential development projects include: 1) design of next generation camera controller and user interface, 2) investigation and design of custom video processing hardware, 3) designing electronic tools for quality assurance testing, and 4) advanced hardware sensor interfacing. Specific duties will be tailored according to the successful candidate’s strengths and experience. Please indicate in your cover letter which projects you believe you would be most qualified for and interested to work on.
- Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechatronics Engineering, or a related field
- PCB design experience and high comfort level with OrCAD, Altium, or similar PCB design software
- Experience designing and working with various serial communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Understanding of electromagnetic interference and its mitigation techniques
- Aptitude for creative problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Strong technical communication and reporting (spoken and written)
- Excellent observational skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with DraftSight
- Experience with C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Experience interfacing microcontroller peripherals over UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Understanding of digital video signals and digital video processing
- Experience with electro-optical systems such as cameras, lasers, and thermal imagers
Current Scientific Corporation, headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Electrical Engineer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.