Shipper-Receiver & Junior Manufacturing Technician
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
We are looking for a hands-on detail focused individual to join our company as a Shipper/Receiver and part-time Junior Mechatronic Technician who will be part of the growing team. This will be a full time position at our brand new Port Coquitlam facility. This role will primarily involve
a) receiving orders from our suppliers, ensuring they match out purchase order records, and data entry into our inventory system
b) securely packaging and sending out system shipments to customer as well as all accessories that are shipped with our systems
c) building system sub-assemblies when available
Depending on the candidate’s aptitude and experience other tasks might also include on occasion assisting in our quality assurance (QA/QC) department and with inventory counts as well as coordinating with our sales and manufacturing departments to ensure everything ships on time. Lots of problem solving and adaptability will be required, as our company grows.
- Grade 12 diploma required
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with shipping-receiving or inventory management would be an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to juggle changing priorities
- Willingness and ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of precision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- Requires a valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Shipper-Receiver” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.