Video Processing Developer
This role will focus primarily on the development of software for a new Video Processing System for our multi-sensor systems, as well as helping out with priority tasks for the Software/Firmware Team. The ideal candidate would be familiar with software video encoding and would have experience designing a reasonably large project from the ground up. Work may include designing/testing various potential video processing pipelines and evaluating their effectiveness, or working on low-level Linux drivers to integrate with custom interfaces.
- Strong logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience designing large software projects
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with GStreamer, FFmpeg, or similar video processing libraries
- 5 years experience with C++
- Microcontroller programming (Microchip, TI, ST)
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux command line environments
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with video encode/decode processing
- Familiar with embedded video processing hardware
- Microcontroller peripherals: UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Useful Programming Languages: Python, Java
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical infrared systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video Processing Developer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.