Co-Op Mechatronic Technician
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
We are looking for a hands-on detail focused individual to join our company as a Coop Mechatronic Technician who will be part of the growing prototyping and manufacturing team. This will be a full time coop position at our brand new Port Coquitlam facility. This role will primarily be responsible for the assembly and testing of our latest systems. Depending on the candidate’s aptitude and experience other tasks might include but not be limited to fabrication of jigs and fixtures to help improve the production process, quality assurance, documentation and product tracking, and equipment maintenance. Lots of problem solving and adaptability will be required, as our product line continues to grow and improve.
- Required: Valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
- Required: Eligible for NSERC funding through the Canadian government
- Required: Educational degree or diploma in mechatronic, mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, electronics, or integrated engineering disciplines
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to perform precise hands-on work
- Willingness and ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of precision
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Manufacturing or production experience preferred (experience with electronics assembly is an asset)
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure and juggle changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Co-Op Manufacturing Technician” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.