This role will expand the capacity of our Software/Firmware team as we manage and develop the software and firmware used by our multi-sensor systems. Depending on skills and experience, work could include developing software for a new video processing system, developing GUI’s, debugging, developing firmware for motor control, or working on tools for automating production/verification of products.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Strong logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Desktop GUI Development (QT, UWP, JavaFX)
- Microcontroller programming (Microchip, TI, ST)
- 5 years experience with Java and C/C++
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux environments
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with video encode/decode processing
- Familiar with embedded video processing hardware
- Microcontroller peripherals: UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Useful Programming Languages: Python
Current Scientific is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We design and manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in coast guard, super-yachts, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, icebreakers, marine mammal research, and other specialty vessels. We pride ourselves on a fun culture and fast-paced development environment, with a multi-disciplinary team that works closely together to collaborate on innovative products. We are committed to continuous innovation, investing R&D into new technology and improved customer experience.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Developer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.