Junior Mechatronic Technician
We are looking for a hands-on detail focused individual to join our company as a Junior Mechatronic Technician or Technologist who will be part of the growing prototyping and manufacturing team. This will be a full time permanent position at our Port Moody facility. This role will primarily be responsible for the assembly and testing of our latest systems. Depending on the candidate’s aptitude and experience other tasks might include but not be limited to fabrication of jigs and fixtures to help improve the production process, quality assurance, documentation and product tracking, and equipment maintenance. Lots of problem solving and adaptability will be required, as our product line continues to grow and improve. There will also be scope to provide valuable feedback that will be used to implement production process and product improvements.
Salary: $45,0000 to $55000
Start date: Immediately
- Required: Valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
- Required: A Canadian principal residence address
- Required: Grade 12 diploma
- Preferred: Diploma in mechatronic, mechanical, electrical, or electronics disciplines (or an equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to perform precise hands-on work
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Manufacturing or production experience preferred (experience with electronics assembly is an asset)
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An ability to work under pressure and juggle changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical infrared systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Mechatronic Technician” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.