This role will expand the capacity of our Software/Firmware team as we manage and develop the software and firmware used by our multi-sensor systems. Depending on skills and experience, work could include developing software for a new video processing system, developing GUI’s, debugging, developing firmware for motor control, or working on tools for automating production/verification of products.
- Strong logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Desktop GUI Development (QT, UWP, JavaFX)
- Microcontroller programming (Microchip, TI, ST)
- 5 years experience with Java and C/C++
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux environments
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with video encode/decode processing
- Familiar with embedded video processing hardware
- Microcontroller peripherals: UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Useful Programming Languages: Python
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical infrared systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Software Developer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.