Software UI Developer
We are looking for a competent and creative software developer with a passion and proven capability for intuitive interface design. This role involves working primarily as part of the software team to advance and expand our suite of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and physical controllers for our Night Navigator camera systems. Our systems are used on marine vessels around the world to aid in navigation and threat avoidance – with an integral part of each system being intuitive, reliable user control. This role spans the software and hardware aspects of UI/GUI design, as well as their deployment on existing hardware platforms. Responsibilities include designing, developing, thoroughly testing, and maintaining the user interface products on our wide range of systems.
- Proven portfolio and interest in UI, GUI, HMI, and/or Web design
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with principles of user experience (UX), industrial design, and ergonomics
- Java GUI Development (JavaFX)
- 5 years experience with Java and C/C++
- Strong logic, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Able to excel in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux Command-line
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Requires a valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Network protocols, streaming zero delay video experience
- Familiar with embedded video processing hardware
- Experience with C++ GUI Development
- Familiar with Linux, Microchip microcontrollers
- Microcontroller peripherals: UART, GPIO, I2C, PWM, ADC
- Useful Programming Languages: Python
Current Scientific Corporation, headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area of BC, is a rapidly growing tech company specialized in manufacturing stabilized electro-optical systems. Our products are used across the globe, primarily in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. We continually invest R&D toward new products and improved customer experience. Our customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary & navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research, and other specialty vessels.
Please visit our website at www.currentcorp.com for more information on our company and products.
Please send your resume, application letter and salary expectation to email@example.com.