Technical Communicator and Engineering Support
We are looking for a bright, driven, detail-oriented individual to join our company as a Technical Communicator within our growing Application Engineering team. This will be a full-time permanent position at our Port Moody facility. The Technical Communicator will be responsible for developing and organizing technical content for user-facing documentation, and will work closely with our engineering team to test new products and resolve customer technical issues. This role is key to the continuous improvement of our products and processes, by providing feedback and implementing new solutions for conveying technical information. Depending on the applicant’s expertise, responsibilities will be tailored and split amongst technical writing, hands-on product testing, information and process management, and technical support. The successful applicant will demonstrate experience in some or all of the above areas. Please specify in your cover letter which areas of expertise match to your skillset and attach or link to any technical writing examples that showcase your ability.
- Grade 12 diploma required
- (Preferred) Diploma, Certificate, or equivalent degree in Technical Writing or related field
- Outstanding oral and written English communication skills
- Proven ability to write clear, concise, and instructive technical content
- Ability to quickly grasp, apply, and explain technical concepts
- Commitment to end-user experience and efficient flow of information
- High comfort level with basic technical equipment such as consumer electronics and computers
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with limited information and minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle changing priorities
- Demonstrated desire for learning and continuous improvement
- Requires a valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Comfort with advanced electronics systems (e.g., networks, PC builds, AV systems, hobby electronics)
- Experience within a product design and/or product maintenance team
- User interface (UI) or user experience (UX) design
- Customer experience and service in a technical role
- Experience working within or developing ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Additional language skills (written and spoken): e.g., French, Korean, German, Mandarin, Cantonese
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Communicator” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.