Testing or Instrumentation Technician
Current Scientific Corp. headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC is a growing marine tech company with customers located around the world. We manufacture stabilized electro-optical systems for use in the Naval & Defence sector and Marine & Yacht industry. Additionally, we continually invest in R&D into new products and improving the customer experience with our existing products. Marine customers include marine electronics integrators, shipyards, and end users in the segments of coast guard, paramilitary and navy, ferries & explorer cruises, super-yachts, icebreakers, marine mammal research and other specialty vessels.
We are looking for a hands-on detail focused individual to join our company as a Testing or Instrumentation Technician or Technologist who will be part of the Testing and Reliability Team. This will be a full time permanent position at our brand new Port Coquitlam facility. This role will primarily be responsible for testing of prototype and customer products for functionality, durability, and performance. Depending on the candidate’s aptitude and experience other tasks might include but not be limited to setting up and documenting testing processes, quality assurance, documentation and product tracking, equipment maintenance, and data analysis. Lots of problem solving and adaptability will be required, as our product line continues to grow and improve. There will also be scope to provide valuable feedback that will be used to implement production process and product improvements.
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000
Start date: Immediately
Skills & Experience required
- Required: A Canadian principal residence address
- Required: Valid Canadian work permit or resident / citizen status
- Required: Grade 12 diploma
- Preferred: Diploma in instrumentation, testing, mechatronic, electrical, or electronics disciplines (or an equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Good hand-eye coordination and ability to perform precise hands-on work
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Manufacturing or production experience preferred (experience with electronics assembly is an asset)
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An ability to work under pressure and juggle changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Productive self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision to meet demanding deliverables
- Good attitude and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com with “Testing Technician” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.